In the beginning...a small group of people had already established a little organization known as the Pillar Ground of Truth under the first clergyman, Rev. W.M. Hubbard; tenure April 1932 - December 1934. The group was then brought into the Apostolic Faith of the P.A.W. Inc.
In 1932, the small group was meeting in a private home at 1112 McIlwraith Street and weekly prayer services and bible study was conducted. Increased interest in the group was inspired on December 5, 1933 by the Rev. Hubbard and Christ Temple Apostolic Faith Church was organized.
On October 12, 1933, Lot 12, Block 153 was purchased for $375 and steps were taken immediately to erect a church edifice. Prior to this time church services were continuing in private homes. On August 7, 1934, the church building was completed and dedicated. Rev. Clarence Ball became the pastor of the merged organization which continued meeting as Christ Temple Apostolic Faith Church. Rev. James Ross became interim pastor until a successor to Rev. Ball was named. Elder W.M. Lee, who was an assistant pastor of Bishop Hancock in Detroit became pastor and served 10 years.
On June 2, 1954, Elder William L. Burrel became pastor and under his leadership the church continued to grow in number. In 1948 the building seated 225 people, in 1960 a section was added and building improvements made.